In her blog actress Bipasha Basu has given us some tips on how we could minimize carbon footprint (Save Our Planet – Together we can!). Take a look.
A carbon footprint is “A measure of the amount of carbon dioxide (greenhouse gas) produced by a person, organization or country in a given time”
- Switch off lights when not in room.
- Do not let the water run when you are brushing your teeth. Turn it off.
- Completely shut down your computer when not in use. Keeping it on sleep mode or letting a screen saver play wastes energy.
- Ask for e-statements for bills wherever possible. Not only does it minimize wastage of paper, but it also minimizes wastage of fuel required to deliver those bills.
- Share magazine subscriptions with a friend, that way less paper is wasted.
- Use both sides of the pages whilst printing, and print only the important documents.
- Take shorter showers.
- If you are a non-vegetarian, aim to spend at least one day of the week without consuming meat. Meat is not only expensive, but it has a lot of health and environmental risks attached to it.
- Borrow books from the library and rent movies instead of buying them.
- Take your own reusable grocery bag while shopping and say no to plastic bags.
- Use fan over A/C. Air conditioners are one of the worst hidden offenders, not only do they use up a lot of electricity but they also emit heavy carbon-laden exhaust.
read more at Bipasha Basu’s blog http://www.bipashabasunet.com/blog/