Last Friday Mani Ratnam’s Ravan (Ashokavanam in Tamil ) shooting for suspended by Kerala forest department after they found temperaury hust construction in the shooting location inside the Malayatoor reserve forest areas.
With his influence, Manirathnam has got conditional access from Kerala forest department to shoot his Ravana.
to the virgin green Malayatoor reserve forest areas
Here are the conditions from Kerala forest department to shoot Ravana
- No member of the unit can smoke inside the forest loacation
- No plastic material can be brought into the location.
- Unit cannot consist of more than 150 people
- Only 10 unit vehicles can be brought into the location.
- Only 15 cars/jeeps can be brought into the location.
- Unit should pay Rs 10,000 per day for the shoot( earlier it was only Rs 1000 for 25 days !)