As Ajith’s Billa is releasing on Novermber 14, here’s a recap of Superstar Rajini’s ‘original’ Billa released in 1980.
Original Billa which released 27 years ago in 1980 introduced a new generation of RajniKanth films. Indeed 1980 was a turning point for Rajnikanth which promoted him to the superstar fame.
In Billa, Rajnikanth reflected Amitabh Bachchan’s role, while Sripriya represneted Zeenat Aman’s role- Directed by R Krishnamurthy who was then called ‘Billa‘ Krishnamurthy after the billa fame.
Billa (Rajnikant) is a feared Mafia don in Madras, who is fatally wounded during an encounter with the police. Wanting to uncover Billa’s accomplices, the police commissioner trains a lookalike village bumpkin (also Rajnikant) to pose as Billa and infiltrate the gang.
Here is the Rajinikanth‘s Billa Photos with sripriya
- Billa (Rajnikanth) is the leader of an underworld gang. Unlike Amitabh Bachchan in Don, Rajnikanth threw in a so-so performance in dual roles as the bad guy and the good guy.
- This movie is a remake of Amitabh Bachchan “Don”
- This is one of the movies that helped Rajinikanth receive a star status.
- This movie ran for 25 weeks in Chennai and is one of the biggest hits of that year.
- The song “my name is billa” was a big hit across tamil nadu and people of all age group were mesmerised by this song for a long time.
- The song “Vethalya Potendi” was also a very big hit at that time.